1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is actively surveying for COVID-19 for prevention, containment and treatment, searching for and quarantining people tested positive for the virus or who have been in close contact with positive cases and arranging hospital care if necessary, networking with local authorities for information on people returning from abroad and quarantine measures, and disseminating authentic news to the public.
2. There are 46 patients under observation between 2-4-2020 and 3-4-2020, 6 pm.
3. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) released test results at 5:30 pm on 3-4-2020 showed that 55 people quarantined at hospitals tested negative for COVID-19.
4. Among the 19 confirmed cases, health conditions have been stable for the virus-positive person in Teddim General Hospital, Chin State, the 9 people in Waibargi Specialist Hospital, Yangon, the patient in Nay Pyi Taw General Hospital, the patient in Shan State (North) General Hospital who was transferred from Kyaukme General Hospital, Lashio, and the 4 people in Bago Region General Hospital who transferred from the general hospitals in Pyay and Paukkaung. The two patients in Waibargi hospital are under strict isolation.
5. Myanmar had 20 COVID-19 positive cases between 23-3-2020 and 3-4-2020. The public is urgently advised to closely follow regulations and guidelines from the Ministry of Health and Sports to protect themselves, their families and their communities.
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)