You can read daily news of Global New Light of Myanmar using mobile applications. Download now!

July 04, 2020

One person dies of suffocation in restaurant fire

A FIRE broke at the Ayeyawady Restaurant on 16th Street in Aungmyitta (A) Ward, Magway Region, on Saturday.
The fire was caused by an electrical problem in an air-conditioner installed inside the restaurant’s DJ booth.
Musician Ka Ka (aka Aung Myint), 40, died of suffocation during the fire. The fire engulfed sound boards, a TV, four air-conditioners and other sound equipment, causing K3 million (US$2,320) worth of damage in total.  The Magway Township Police Station filed a lawsuit against restaurant manager U Than Zaw, 45, under articles 285/304-A of the criminal code.


Related posts