Update of COVID-19 surveillance, 8:00 pm, 9-4-2020
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is actively surveying for COVID-19 for prevention, containment and treatment, searching for and quarantining people tested positive for the virus or who have been in close contact with positive cases and arranging hospital care if necessary, networking with local authorities for information on people returning from abroad and quarantine measures, and disseminating authentic news to the public.
2. There have been 1,406 lab specimens tested for COVID-19 as of 6 pm, 8-4-2020, from among which 1,384 tested negative while 22 tested positive.
3. There are 66 new patients under observation between 8-4-2020 and 9-4-2020, 6 pm.
4. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) release the first batch of test results from among 138 lab specimens at 6:30 pm, 9-4-2020. Out of 92 people in the first batch, one person under house quarantine tested positive for COVID-19 while the remaining 91 tested negative.
5. The lab results of the other 46 will be made public as soon as the National Health Laboratory releases new information.
6. Positive Case-23 is the 58-year-old Myanmar national in Kuptel Village, Tiddim Township, Chin State, with a US Green Gard and the mother of the Case-01 patient. They flew together from Washington, USA, on 13-3-2020 and transited through Doha, Qatar, and landed in Yangon International Airport in the morning of 15-3-2020.
They departed for Kalay, Sagaing Region on the same day and then travelled to Tiddim Township on 17-3-2020 and Kuptel Village on 18-3-2020. The Case-01 patient first fell ill on 19-3-2020 and was put under house quarantine together with Case-23.
After Case-01 tested positive, they were put in a separate house for quarantine and another lab specimen was obtained as the end of the quarantine approached on 7-4-2020. To this day, she has exhibited any symptoms. She is receiving medical treatment at Tiddim Township General Hospital.
7. Case-18, 19 and 20 from Pyay General Hospital, Bago Region, were transferred to Waibargi Specialist Hospital, Yangon, on 8-4-2020.
8. Currently, there is one COVID-19 positive patient in Tiddim General Hospital, Chin State, 15 in Waibargi Specialist Hospital, Yangon, one in Lashio General Hospital, Shan State (North) and one new patient confirmed . All 18 patients’ health are in stable condition.
9. Case-04 is a Myanmar American citizen quarantined at Kandaw Nadi Hospital, Mandalay, on 25-3-2020 whose two lab results on 2-4-2020 and 4-4-2020 both show negative to COVID-19. Since their health condition was also stable, they were moved from isolation to hospital quarantine on 8-4-2020.
10. There have been 23 COVID-19 positive cases in Myanmar between 23-3-2020 to 9-4-2020 and two of them no longer have the virus and are in good health. Case-04 has been transferred from hospital isolation to quarantine and Case-07 to hotel quarantine on 8-4-2020.
11. The public is urgently advised to closely follow regulations and guidelines from the Ministry of Health and Sports to protect themselves, their families and their communities.
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)
Laboratory results on Covid-19, 8:00 pm, 6 April 2020
|Sr||Aged||Gender||Travel History in previous 14 days||Place for medical treatment||Quarantine Date||Lab result on Covid-19|
|23||58 years||Female||Nil||Tiddim, Public Health
|23 March 2020||Positive|
Although she did not travel foreign countries 14 days ago, she returned from USA on 13 March 2020 and arrived back Myanmar on 15 March 2020.