1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is closely monitoring, conducting surveillance and medical treatments, identifying those who had close contact with the positive patients for quarantines, admitting to the hospitals, getting information about the returnees from foreign countries in coordination with local authorities and state departments, and travel restrictions on them in measures against the Covid-19.
2. There were 58 new persons under investigation between 6 pm on 3 April and 6 pm on 4 April.
3. Laboratory results of the National Health Laboratory (Yangon) on specimens from a total of 84 persons under investigation and the persons under quarantine at hospitals, homes and hotels on 4 April 2020 has shown ONE positive case of COVID-19 (Table 1), and the remaining 83 persons were tested negative.
4. The Case 21 positive patient is the 24-year-old woman living in South Okkalapa township. She left the United States for the South Korea together with her mother and younger brother on 24 March. They arrived in Thailand on 25 March afternoon. They landed at Yangon International Airport on 26 March. They wre sent to a hotel in Botahtaung Township for quarantine on 26 March. The Case 21 patient began suffering fever, cough and fatigue on 2 April. She was admitted to the Yangon East Hospital for investigation and her specimens were tested and she will be sent to the Waibargi Hospital. She is in good health conditions.
5. Out of 20 COVID-19 positive cases, 1 is at Tiddim hospital in Chin State, 10 at Waibargi hospital, 1 at Kandawnadi hospital in Mandalay, 1 at Nay Pyi Taw People’s Hospital, 1 at Lashio People’s Hospital and 4 from Paukkaung Township at the Pyi Township hospital in Bago Region . Health conditions of 18 positive patients are good and two patients at Waibargi hospital is being isolated for intensive care.
6. As Myanmar has found a total of 21 COVID-19 positive cases from 23 March to 4 April. People are advised to strictly follow the awareness information of the Ministry of Health and Sports to prevent the viral transmissions to both families and communities.
Laboratory results on Covid-19, 8: 00 pm, 4 April 2020
|Sr||Aged||Gender||Travel History in previous 14 days||Place for medical treatment||Quarantine Date||Lab result on Covid-19|
|21||24 years||Female||The United States, the Republic of Korea, and Thailand||East Yangon General Hospital||26 March 2020||Positive|
(Translated by Aung Khin)