You can read daily news of Global New Light of Myanmar using mobile applications. Download now!

November 14, 2019

Electrical fire engulfs hostel in Ngaputaw Township

No injuries have been reported after the fire destroyed the building in Ngaputaw. Photo: Hla Min Htut (IPRD)
No injuries have been reported after the fire destroyed the building in Ngaputaw. Photo: Hla Min Htut (IPRD)

AN electrical fire occurred on Bogyoke Street in Southern Ward, Ngaputaw Township, Pathein District, Ayeyawady Region on Saturday night, according to a police report.
No injuries have been reported after the fire destroyed the building. According to the investigation, the fire started at the upper level of the hostel owned by Saw Eal Shi Mu at around 7.45 pm on that day due to damaged wires. The blaze quickly spread to other parts of the building.
The loss due to the fire is estimated to reach more than Ks3 million, said firefighters.
With the assistance of local police and residents, firefighters successfully controlled the flame within 10 minutes.
Police are still investigating the case and action is being taken against the house owner under the existing law.—Hla Min Htut (IPRD)

Comments

Related posts