You can read daily news of Global New Light of Myanmar using mobile applications. Download now!

March 02, 2018

Vice President U Henry Van Thio attends Shwe Nantha fair-cost housing estate opening ceremony

Vice President U Henry Van Thio attended the opening ceremony of the Shwe Nantha fair-cost housing estate held in Oattara Thiri Township, Nay Pyi Taw yesterday. Union Constitutional Tribunal Chairman U Myo Nyunt, Union Election Commission Chairman U Hla Thein, Union Ministers U Ohn Win, Dr Than Myint, U Ohn Maung, U Naing Thet Lwin, Union Auditor General U Maw Than, Nay Pyi Taw Council Chairman Dr Myo Aung, Deputy Ministers Dr Tun Naing and U Kyaw Lin, Hluttaw representatives, members of Nay Pyi Taw Council and officials were also present on this occasion.
The Vice President, Union Minister for Construction U Win Khaing and Nay Pyi Taw Council Chairman Dr. Myo Aung participated in a ribbon cutting ceremony in front of the estate to inaugurate the event. The Vice President then pressed a button to unveil the commemorative plaque of the housing estate and sprinkled scented waters on it.
Union Minister for Construction U Win Khaing then gave a welcoming speech and Urban and Housing Development Department Director-General U Min Htein explained the details of Shwe Nantha Fair-cost Housing Estate. Afterwards, the Vice President and party toured the housing estate.
Construction of the fair-cost housing buildings were started in June 2016 and completed in December 2016. The buildings are five-storey reinforced concrete and five-storey steel structures measuring 100 ft by 47 ft. Each building contains 40 20 ft x20 ft apartments. The Shwe Nantha Housing estate contains 22 low-cost and fair-cost housing buildings consisting of eight five-storey buildings with eight apartment units per storey, 12 four-storey buildings with four apartment units per storey and two three-storey buildings with six apartment units. In the Shwe Nantha fair-cost housing complex, the apartment prices are set at Ks13.5 million for a ground floor unit, Ks12.5 million for a first floor unit, Ks12 million for a second floor unit, Ks11.5 million for a third floor unit and Ks11 million for a fourth floor unit. Down payment is 30 per cent and the remaining 70 per cent is to be paid in a long-term yearly payments.
The Ministry of Construction is implementing this housing project to develop urban sector housing, resolve urbanization problems, create pleasant urban scenery and opportunities for local and foreign investments, establish a town that is disaster resistant and sustainable, and provide appropriate housing and socio-economic development for the people.


Related posts

Translate »