1. State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi paid an official visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia from 29 April to 1 May 2019 at the invitation of Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, and arrived back Nay Pyi Taw on 1 May 2019.
2. The Myanmar delegation led by the State Counsellor arrived Phnom Penh International Airport via Kunming, People’s Republic of China in the afternoon of 29 April 2019 and welcomed at the airport by Dr. Kantha Phavi, Minister for Women Affairs of Cambodia.
3. In the evening, the State Counsellor visited Myanmar Embassy in Phnom Penh and met with U Myint Soe, Myanmar Ambassador to Cambodia, staffs and family members of Myanmar Embassy and Defence Attache’ Office at the Embassy and attended a dinner hosted by Myanmar Ambassador.
4. In the morning of 30 April 2019, the State Counsellor and party attended the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Independence Monument. Then, the State Counsellor laid a wreath at the Monument of Preah Borom Ratanak Kaudh, the Late King-Father of Cambodia.
5. The State Counsellor and party proceeded to the Prime Minister’s Office (Peace Palace) and attended the official welcoming ceremony by Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, and held the bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Hun Sen. During the meeting, the two leaders discussed matters on a wide range of issues pertaining to promoting bilateral relations and cooperation, especially enhancing cooperation in the areas of trade and investment, education, culture and tourism, and expanding cooperation in the regional groupings including ASEAN and Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS). They also exchanged views on regional and international issues and further strengthening cooperation at the international fora including at the United Nations and Non-Aligned Movement in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter and the Bandung principles.
6. The two leaders also discussed to jointly celebrate the 65th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries in 2020 and to find ways in coordinating between the two sides to be able to sign Agreements on Promotion and Protection of Investment and Avoidance of Double Taxation, and to effectively implement signed Agreements including MoU on Cooperation in Education. They also discussed to exchange of scholarship and to coordinate between the two countries to find ways to link the tour arrangement for significant Buddhist cultural sites including Bagan and Ankor Wat. At the meeting, the State Counsellor expressed her appreciation to the Government of Cambodia for its contribution of US$ 90,000 for the humanitarian assistance in Rakhine State. The State Counsellor extended an invitation to the Prime Minister of Cambodia to visit Myanmar at a mutually convenient time.
7. The State Counsellor also met with Samdech Akka Moha Ponhea Chakrei HENG SAMRIN, President of the National Assembly and Samdech Vibol Sena Pheakdey SAY Chhum, President of the Senate on separate occasions. They exchanged views on enhancing cooperation in sharing experiences between the two Parliaments, and promoting exchanges of delegation of the two Parliaments.
8. After the meeting, the State Counsellor paid a royal audience on His Majesty Preah Bat Samdech Preah Boroneath NORODOM SIHAMONI, King of Cambodia at the Royal Palace. They discussed matters to enhance the existing friendly relations and cooperation, promoting people-to-people contact and cultural exchanges and the State Counsellor extended a cordial invitation to the King to visit Myanmar at a mutually convenient time. The State Counsellor also paid a royal audience on Her Majesty NORODOM MONINEATH SHIHANOUK, Queen Mother of Cambodia at the Royal Palace.
9. In the afternoon, the State Counsellor attended the official dinner hosted by Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of Cambodia at the Peace Palace.
10. In the morning of 1-5-2019, the State Counsellor and party departed from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap Province by Special Flight and toured around the Angkor Wat Temple and Bayon Temple in Siem Reap Province together with H.E. Mr. PRAK Sokhonn, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs. After that, the State Counsellor attended the Luncheon hosted by Mr. Tea Seiha, Governor of Siem Reap Province.
11. The State Counsellor and party left Siem Reap on 1 May 2019 and arrived back Nay Pyi Taw by Special Flight in the evening.
12. It was the State Counsellor’s first visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia and she was accompanied by U Kyaw Tin, Union Minister for International Cooperation, U Aung Htoo, Deputy Minister for Commerce and responsible officials.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Nay Pyi Taw
Dated: 1 May 2019