Following is an unofficial translation of the press release of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
1. State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi arrived back in Myanmar at 9.50 pm on 25th September, 2016, after finishing her official visit to New York from 16th September, 2016, to 24th September, 2016, to attend the 71st United Nations General Assembly.
2. During her stay in New York, the State Counsellor met with Myanmar communities on 17th September, 2016, and accepted the 2016 Humanitarian of the Year Award at the University of Harvard in Boston the same day.
3. On 18th September, 2016, the State Counsellor met with staff families of the Myanmar Permanent Representative Office and the Myanmar delegation attending the 71st United Nations General Assembly in New York; on 19th September, 2016, met separately with Ms Irina Bokova, the Director-General of UNESCO; Mr Lars Lokke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark; Mr Enrique Pena Nieto, President of Mexico; Ms Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh. On 20th September, 2016, the State Counsellor attended the “Together for the 2030 Agenda: Partnering for Women: Children and Adolescents, To Thrive and Transform the World,” high-level meeting and acted as a panelist and participated in the discussion there. She also received Mr Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary-General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
4. On 21st September, 2016, the State Counsellor delivered a general policy speech at the 71st United Nations General Assembly. On the same day, the State Counsellor participated in the ratification ceremony of Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty:CTBT, and delivered a public speech at the event organized by the Asia Society.
5. On 22 September, 2016, the State Counsellor gave an interview to the CNN. On the same day, she met with Prof Klaus Schwab, Chairman of the World Economic Forum; Mr George Soros, Founder of the Open Society Foundation; Mr Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees separately. In the evening, the State Counsellor accepted the Golden Plate Award presented by Academy of Achievement at the New York Public Library.
6. Before the trip to New York, the State Counsellor had visited London from 10th September to 13th September, 2016, and met with 12 Myanmar ambassadors to Europe, Middle-East and Africa and also held talks with leaders of Britain. Besides, at the invitation of the Government of the United States of America, the State Counsellor paid an official visit to Washington DC from 13th September to 16th September, 2016. During the visit, she held talks with President Barack Obama and secretaries of the Administration and lawmakers.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
25th September, 2016