A monastery in Htihlaing (East) village, Wundwing Township, Meiktila District, was built over 140 years ago. The monastery is shouldered by 124 wooden posts and its interior is decorated with Myanmar crafts. It also houses ancient bronze bell donated by West Hall Queen of King Mindon Ashin Thiri Maha Thu Sandar Yadana Devi, according to the abbot of the monastery. Ancient empty wooden box on which the English numerals 1794 were carved can be seen at the monastery. Moreover, the monastery conserves a conch use in the times of Myanmar kings, and boxes which kept ancient palm leaf inscriptions. Before 2010 the monastery was one of the tourists’ attractions but after 2010 it was forgotten.