The 2019 72nd Anniversary of Union Day State flag hoisting and saluting ceremony was held in front of the Nay Pyi Taw City Hall yesterday morning, where 72nd Anniversary Union Day Convening Central Committee chairman Vice-President U Myint Swe read a Union Day message sent by the President.
The 72nd Anniversary of Union Day was held with the five objectives : —
1. All ethnic nationals to work with collective strength for non-disintegration of the Union, non-disintegration of national unity, perpetuation of national sovereignty; and to work for preservation and protection of the above.
2. To strive for the emergence of a Constitution that is in alignment and harmony with the Democratic Federal Union.
3. To strive for the success of the Union Peace Conference – 21st Century Panlong and thence till the success of the internal peace process.
4. All union nationals to cooperate and work in “Unity and Harmony” for rule of law and for the people to be secure and free from danger.
5. All union citizens to be able to enjoy good education and adequate health care protection.
First, the flag raising ceremony was held at 5:30 am when the state flag hoisting team, along with members of national races, raised the flag of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
Departmental personnel, members from civil society and community-based organizations, ethnic nationals and invited guest took in their respective places at 5 am.
The State flag saluting ceremony was held at 7 am, when the Tatmadaw (Army, Navy, Air) Guard of Honor marched into the square in front of Nay Pyi Taw City Hall to take up their places.
Next, the 72nd Anniversary Union Day Convening committee chairman Vice-President took the salute of the Guard of Honour.
Afterwards, the Vice-President and those in attendance saluted the state flag, while the national anthem was played by the Guard of Honour.
Vice-President U Myint Swe then read the Union Day message sent by President U Win Myint, after which the ceremony came to a close.
The ceremony was attended by Amyotha Hluttaw Deputy Speaker, Union Ministers, Union Attorney-General, Union Auditor General, Union Civil Service Board Chairman, Nay Pyi Taw Council Chairman, Central Bank of Myanmar Governor, Anti-Corruption Commission Chairman, Myanmar National Human Rights Commission Chairman, Anti-Corruption Commission Chairman, high ranking Tatmadaw officers, Union Supreme Court judges, Nay Pyi Taw Command commander, deputy ministers, Deputy Attorney-General, states/ regions ethnic affairs ministers, Hluttaw representatives, heads of departments, departmental personnel, ethnic national cultural troupes, family members of Tatmadaw regiments based in the Nay Pyi Taw council area, members of social service organisations, representatives of ethnic nationals and invited guests.
(Translated by Zaw Min)